Sunday, January 11, 2009

Being ONE is Wonderful!!!

Alexandria's first birthday party was such a blast! It was cupcake themed and sooo cute! We had a great turn out with lots of friends and family joining in the big day. 3Alex was sick, and not her whole self (until the cake happened, that is), but she was such a trooper and smiled for everyone. She decided she wasn't interested in opening and presents, so I got the pleasure of doing it (it almost felt like my birthday!) She got a lot of cute things. Thanks to everyone! I made this adorable 3D cupcake shaped cake for Alex ( I was sooo proud of myself.) It was topped with a cherry and everything (it was the first thing she grabbed and popped in her mouth.) At first Alex wasn't too sure about what to do with the cake. She kept sticking her hands in it and squishing it. When she got her first taste of the cake, she dove in face first, literally!!!! She ate almost the whole thing! We all couldn't believe it! Beware of Alex and her dirty hands! It anyone got too close, she smeared chocolate all over your face!

4 comments:

Alison said...

She is so cute! I love first birthday parties. They are so much fun. Good job on the cake. It was way cute!

Unknown said...

What a cutie. The cake is Awesome. It's sad that she was sick. Layla was sick on her first birthday too.

Jeff and Elise said...

Oh my goodness, those cake pictures are priceless! Your girls are adorable!

Sharron said...

Cute pics! Good job on the czake baby girl, you make us all proud!

I see you have the only kinhd of bib that is worth having ... I have about ten at my house for grandkids and friends!