Tuesday, January 27, 2009

"You Peed on my Telescope!"

Last Sunday Lily and I were in the bathroom getting ready for church. She has a paper towel roll that she uses as a telescope. She put it in the bathroom sink while she brushed her teeth and when she picked it up, she noticed there was a wet spot on it.

Lily: ( thrusting the "telescope" in my face) "Mommy! Did you pee on my telescope?!"

Me: (completely thrown off guard) "What?"

Lily: (looking at me with accusing eyes) "You peed on my telescope!"

Me: (looking at wet spot; trying not to laugh) "No, Lily. It is just water."

Lily: "No, it's not water. You peed on my telescope."

Me: "No, I didn't. It is just water from the sink. I did not pee on your telescope."

Lily: "You pee on it."

Me: "No, I didn't. Maybe Daddy did. Go ask him."

Lily: "No, Daddy not do it. You, Mommy, did it."

Me: (sigh) "Okay. Yes, Lily, I peed on your telescope."

Lily: (smiling) "It's just water, Mommy."

Sometimes, that child. . . .I swear!

1 comment:

Sharron said...

Someone's in big ole' trouble! She got you good mama!