Thursday, September 4, 2008

Alexandria's Blessing Day

While we were visiting in Arizona last week, we took the opportunity to have Alexandria Eilleen Brown blessed. We were very thankful that Michael's uncle Karl (Alex's great uncle) agreed to bless her. The blessing he gave her was so beautiful and heart felt. We truly felt the warmth of the spirit. Listening to the prayer for Alex, I felt so truly blessed to have the knowledge of the gospel and to know the truth of His word. I am so grateful for my loving family, all of its members, and for the gift of eternal families. I am happy that most of our immediate family (and some extended even!) could be there to witness the beautiful moment. I truly hope that Alex always has the love of and for the Lord in her heart. I hope she knows how blessed she is to have family who love her so much and would do anything for her. I pray her faith will always prevail and take her to higherplaces. I hope that as a mother I will be able to teach her all that she she needs to know to be a good woman and a devout follower of Christ. I want her to know that mistakes will always be made, but that it is never too late to to accept the gift of repentance and the atonement of the Saviour. I pray that I can set a great example worthy enough for my daughters (and future children) to look up to. I love them so much and I never knew it possible to love someone so much.




No comments: