Thursday, October 2, 2008

C is for Cupcake!

I decided to venture out and include Lily in a baking project. I promised her we would make cupcakes together and she was very excited. She is always into what I am doing in the kitchen and is always asking me, "What you makin', Mommy?" and pulling up her little stool to get a better look. So, I thought that giving her a "baking lesson" would be something new and very fun for her. She absolutely loved it! She pulled up her little stool and wanted to do all the pouring, adding, and mixing. I got to help a little! She enjoyed licking the batter from the spoon and pouring the mix into cups. Her eyes lit up when the freshly baked cupcakes were pulled from the oven and she got to have the first bite. We finished our baking experience with some chocolate icing (which Alex extremely loved!) and every color and type of sprinkles that you can imagine (that eventually was dropped and spilled all over the floor!) It was such a blast and I am enthusiastic about doing more baking with her. I am really trying to enjoy the little things in life and am trying to find different things to do and ways to spend time with my girls and family. This was so perfect because Lily loves to help and be involved and it was something really exciting and fun for us to do together!

MIXINGTASTINGPOURINGBAKING/WAITING

FIRST TASTE

FROSTING/SPRINKLES/& MORE TASTING

TAA-DAA


I am not sure how sanitary they were to eat after we were finished. There was a lot of finger sticking and finger licking and I believe one even dropped in the sink in some water and Lily still wanted to frost it (I did throw it away afterwards ;) What a bunch of pretty cupcakes they turned out to be!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

So cute!!! I bet you guys had so much fun. Love ya!