Monday, October 6, 2008

Falling into Autumn

I LOVE THE FALL! It is my absolute favorite time of year ( I actually just realized this recently). I noticed that I always get so excited when it gets to this time of year! I love being able to watch the trees change colors and drop to the ground. It is the best time of year to get out and enjoy the great outdoors and all of the beauty that God has blessed us with. Michael and I took the girls for a walk yesterday and the excitement just burst from Lily's face when we pointed out the trees and talked about the leaf changes together. Lily really wanted to pick the pretty leaves from the trees. She kept trying to jump to catch them and finally said, "I can't reach! It's too hard. I can't get them!" Michael was such a great sport and lifted her up so that she could pull leaves from the trees. She thought it was the coolest thing ever to get to do that!












Alex was very enthralled in the crisp leaves on the ground. I would say she liked tasting them the best since they kept ending up in her mouth. She was very mesmerized by them and spent most of her time grabbing all within her reach.












I remember how much I used to enjoy raking all the leaves into one big pile and then diving in. It brings back such fond memories! I look forward to being able to share these fun activities with my own children. I absolutely love this apple pickin', pumpkin carvin', cider sippin', jacket wearin', cuddle lovin', FABULOUS time of year! And, not to mention, it is perfect hat weather (which I love to put on the girls.) I bought the girls these three really adorable crochet beanies (white, brown and pink) that you can clip a flower or bow onto. Lily absolutely loves them and shouts "Cute!" whenever she puts one on. She loves to wear them wherever she goes (even just lounging around the house) and I love how the weather is just perfect for it! The last BIG reason I love this season (hah I rhymed!) is because it is a wonderful reminder that the holidays are just around the corner! YAY for Thanksgiving! YAY for CHRISTMAS! I will even give a shout out to Halloween too! Just knowing the holidays aren't too far away raises my spirits and puts the enjoyment of this season into perspective and reminds me of God's awesome love. Did I mention I LOVE autmun? What are your favorite things to do in autumn?



















2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very Cute!!! Fall is my favorite time of the year too!

John and Becky Bowler said...

Your girls are beautiful!!! They obviously take after thier mother. :)