Monday, October 27, 2008

Michael's Birthday Day on Pikes Peak!

Michael turned the big 27 on Saturday. He sure is getting old! I like to tease him because for a few months he is 2 years older than me. Tee hee.
Anyway, for his birthday, my sister said she would babysit the kids so that Michael and I could get some alone time in ;) We decided that taking a drive up to the top of Pikes Peak would be fun and fairly inexpensive.

The drive up was so beautiful!
When we got to the top, we couldn't believe how windy it was! It was rocking our car back and fourth. I didn't really want to get out of the car at first because I knew it was going to be freezing and, honestly, I was afraid the wind might blow me over or off the mountain if I got too close to the edge. It was crazy! I'm telling ya! Anyway, we finally did get out of the car and it was unbelievably windy! We had to lean into the wind to walk. Haha. It was very humorous watching other people. It was especially funny watching people trying to put on their jackets in the ferocious breeze. Picture someone walking around with one arm in their jacket and the other reached as far behind their back as possible trying to grab the other side of the jacket that is blowing way far out of their reach on the other side of their body. Bawhahahaha! Anyway, here are some fun and incredible pictures from the top!

We took this video at the top to show how windy it was! Sorry it is sideways, but I can't (or don't know how) to fix it!


So, if the pictures are a little off or what, sorry. It was extremely difficult trying to steady the camera to take a picture in such blustery winds!!!

And, here are some photos from on the way back down :)
I love our snowman and woman ;)

It was a very fun, cold day! Happy Birthday, My Love!

1 comment:

Sharron said...

Memories, sweeten trough the ages just like wine ...... la-la- la. Sounds just like northern AZ was for ten years. so glad to not be fighting that any more. I actually had to cut clothes iff the clothes line more than once, they got so tangled.

That does look like a fun day though. The views were really great. Maybe I could talk Jon into taking me there some day!